Areteans recognizes that discrimination and victimization is unacceptable and is committed to respecting everyone’s human rights in all aspects of our operations.
We support the principles set out in the following international standards:
- UN Declaration of Human Rights.
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- The International Labor Organization’s Fundamental Conventions.
Statement from Senior Management
We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination or victimization and we do not tolerate slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business and are committed to ensuring that it does not take place through effective systems and controls to mitigate this risk.
Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best.
Structure of the Organization
Areteans Technology Solutions UK Ltd. (which is subject to the Modern Slavery Act 2015) is part of the Areteans group of companies. Areteans excels in enabling Businesses to transform and evolve digitally by executing Pega implementations the right way. The group employs over 350 people worldwide and has business operations across the United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and India.
Areteans is committed to ensuring slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in our business or supply chains and, to this end, operates the following policies:
- Human Rights and Equality Policy– which explains that Areteans does not condone slavery or human trafficking in any way and it also requires our clients and suppliers to impose those same standards.
- Employee Code of Conduct– Areteans code of conduct makes clear to employees the actions and behavior expected of them when representing Areteans. We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behavior when operating abroad and managing its stakeholders.
- Recruitment policy– Areteans operates a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Equal Opportunity & Diversity Policy- At Areteans, we adopt a focused approach towards building a more inclusive and diverse global workforce and do not discriminate or allow harassment on the basis of protected characteristics. We aim to bring about Diversity and Equality in terms of advancement, development, and empowerment of all without bias towards any person and ensuring there is no slavery or human trafficking taking place.
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk related to Modern Slavery:
- Where possible we build long-standing relationships with local suppliers and to make clear our expectations of business behavior.
- With regards to national or international supply chains, our point contact is preferably with a UK company or branch and we expect and monitor these entities to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes.
- We have in place systems to encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistleblowers.
This Statement is reviewed annually in line with the principles in the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
A current version of this document is available to all members of staff and is published on SharePoint and the corporate intranet.
This statement was approved by the Board of Areteans on 1.11.2020